The main objective of this project is to establish a common roadmap for improving the coordination of the implementation of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD, 2008/56 / EC) by the two Member States (Portugal and Spain) in the Macaronesian sub region. This will be achieved through the following operational objectives:
- The detailed analysis of the coherence of the initial phases (application of Articles 8th, 9th and 10th);
- Analysis of identified knowledge gaps;
- The proposal and testing of coordinated monitoring programs for a coherent and coherent assessment of the environmental status of marine waters in a biogeographical region or sub region is a result of the legally binding Article 11th of the MSFD;
- Design and establishment of a data infrastructure;
- Dissemination and awareness of the values of the sub region and how the MSFD contributes to its protection;
- Networking, and training of policymakers and experts in the sub region, including possible dissemination to third countries.